What is a file with .xpi file extension?
An abbreviation for Cross-Platform Install (or XPInstall), a file with the .xpi file extension is a Mozilla/Firefox Browser Extension Archive file used to extend the functionality of Mozilla Firefox.
How to install a file with .xpi file extension?
The Mozilla Firefox browser uses .xpi files to provide extendability in the browser. If you have a .xpi file, just drag it to any open Firefox window to install it. Mozilla’s Add-ons for Firefox page is one place you can go to get official .xpi files to use with Firefox.
How to download file with .xpi file extension?
- First of all, you need to install firefox.
- Now goes to the add-on page which you want to download.
- You will see a option of Add to Firefox.
- Right click on it.
- Then click on Save Link As.
- And save it to your desired path.
How to modify a file with .xpi file extension?
This is basically a ZIP file that, when opened by the browser utility, installs a browser extension.
- Rename the Downloaded .xpi file extension to .zip file extension.
- Unzip the file.
- You will get all files of that addon. Make change what you want.